the Worker Shrine
The Parish of St. Joseph was established in 1868 by Fr. Andr'e Marie Garin, OMI, to serve the needs of immigrants working in Lowell's mills. Over the years it evolved into a "Workers' Shrine". It was rededicated by Richard Cardinal Cushing on the Feast of the Ascension, May 10, 1956 to Saint Joseph, Patron of Workers.
37 Lee Street, Lowell, MA 01852
For information call: (978) 458-6346