International Shrine of Saint Jude
Our Lady of Guadalupe Chapel
New Orleans, LA
|St. Jude Shrine is located in the
oldest surviving church in New Orleans and is on the edge of the Historic
French Quarter. The chapel was first used as a mortuary chapel during the
yellow-fever epidemic of 1827. Since 1918 the Oblates of Mary Immaculate
have cared for the chapel.
In 1935 the first St. Jude devotions were started and to date thousands of pilgrims have visited the shrine to pray. The shrine also serves as the memorial chapel for the New Orleans police and fire departments.
International Shrine of St. Jude
For information call: