Saint Joseph Proto-Cathedral
is the first Proto-Cathedral west of the Allegheny Mountains
and was completed in 1819 by a French priest, Benedict Joseph
Flaget who became the first bishop of Bardstown. In later
years the Episcopal See was moved to Louisville and St.
Joseph's became a parish church with the title "proto-cathedral."
310 West Stephen Foster Ave.
Bardstown, KY 40004
For information call: (502) 842-25